Family Dentist Wichita, Kansas
Many people are fearful of going to the dentist and prefer gentle dentistry. Before your appointment, you might experience anxiety, fear, anxiousness, and discomfort. We understand that dental phobia affects many patients. However, you should not let fear prevent you from getting the dental care you need. There’s nothing to be afraid of at Smiles by Design.
Dr. Kristyn Barker and our friendly staff provide gentle dentistry for patients of all ages. For instance, we specialize in clear aligners, pediatric dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, general dentistry, preventative dentistry, and more! With as little pain as possible, Dr. Barker offers compassionate dental care to make you feel comfortable and ease your fears. We do everything possible to make Smiles by Design feel like home!
For more information about our dentistry services, please contact Dr. Kristyn Barker, DDS for a consultation. Our friendly family dentist and staff look forward to answering all your questions!
Tips for Easing Dental Anxiety
There are some steps you can take to help ease dental anxiety including these tips below:
- Use a stress ball or blanket during your exam. We have these in the office we can provide for you!
- You can wear headphones or earbuds to listen to music or meditation apps.
- Limit the amount of caffeine you consume on the day of your exam or procedure.
- Do breathing exercises to calm your nervous system.
- Ask for laughing gas! We provide laughing gas (nitrous oxide) for any procedure.
It’s important to our staff that you are comfortable so please talk to us about how we can help accommodate you.