Family Dentist Wichita, Kansas
Preventative dentistry is aimed to ensure you maintain optimal oral health. Preventative services include routine dental check-ups plus establishing healthy habits like regular brushing and flossing. Regular dental services help prevent the formation of cavities, discoloration, plaque build-up, and other oral health issues.
Our Wichita family dentist, Dr. Kristyn Barker, offers a wide range of preventative services during examinations. During your check-up, Dr. Barker will examine your teeth for cavities, evaluate gum health, and perform a teeth cleaning.
Preventative services at Smiles by Design
Typically, preventative dentistry includes regular teeth cleanings, a full oral health evaluation, and routine x-rays. Smiles by Design wants to make sure your teeth are strong, clean, white, and healthy! Patients are encouraged to make an appointment for a preventative check-up at least once a year or every six months.
Benefits of Preventative Dentistry
Much of preventative care starts with you.
- Lowered risk of developing tooth decay, disease, and other oral health issues.
- Early diagnosis of dental issues can lower the severity of conditions and cost for treatment.
- Promotes healthy oral hygiene habits on a daily basis.
3 ways to improve your routine
It’s never too late to improve your oral health routine. Here are 3 things we recommend for optimal oral health!
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. Ask which products we recommend at your next appointment!
- Floss daily to avoid plaque buildup.
- Be cautious with sweets, hard foods, and acidic foods that can damage your teeth and enamel.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Barker
Taking care of your oral health is a lifelong commitment, beginning in early childhood and extending throughout your lifetime. To learn more about our Wichita dentistry services, please contact Dr. Kristyn Barker, DDS for a consultation. Our friendly family dentist and staff look forward to meeting you!